Is one of your 2021 resolutions to save more money?
You’re not the only one, so we’ve put together some simple, helpful tips you can apply around the house.
Give these a try and let us know if you have any other clever, budget-friendly ideas that have worked for you.
1. Get your kitchen in order. Plan out meals in advance and shop accordingly. To cut down on waste, don’t buy ingredients you don’t need, learn the truth about expiration dates, and compost your food scraps.
2. Conserve energy. In addition to turning off the lights when you leave a room and using cold water to wash your clothes, focus on energy efficiency when buying new appliances and make sure your home is well-insulated.
3. Set maintenance reminders. Adding a recurring event like “change the air filters” or “check the roof and gutters” to your phone or Google calendar can help you keep your home in good shape and avoid expensive repairs.
4. Try online marketplaces. Hop on Facebook Marketplace or Nextdoor to find local deals for used items and sell or donate things you aren’t using.
5. Try out DIY projects. Small do-it-yourself projects can add up. For example, patching a hole in your kid’s jeans is much cheaper than buying a replacement pair, and planting an herb garden can save you a few dollars at the store each month.
6. Wait before you buy. Wait a few days before making an impulse purchase. Reevaluate whether or not you really want or need it and check for upcoming deals or sales.
7. Review your insurance rates. Take a look at your vehicle and home insurance policies and make sure you have the right coverage. Sometimes changes in life can lead to a lower premium.
Do you have any questions about your coverage or anything else? Reach out anytime.