Homeowners insurance policies do NOT cover flood damage. Flood insurance provides coverage for “rising water” that enters your home from the outside. Flood insurance is an important extra level of protection in the event of unforeseen situations.
We recommend all our customers to obtain flood insurance.
Did You Know?
- Over 30% of all recent flooding events have occurred in non-High Risk flood zones, meaning it is not required by your bank.
- The average 30-year mortgage has a 1% chance of fire, and a 26% chance of flood loss
- There is a mandatory 30 day waiting period for the coverage to take effect, so it is important to buy flood insurance before the floodwaters start to rise.
- Residential flood insurance can be as inexpensive as shown below for non-High Risk flood zones and credit cards are accepted.
Preferred Flood Policies:
Building/Contents Coverage & Premiums (as of July 2020)
- $20,000 / $8,000 coverage with $193 premium
- $30,000 / $12,000 coverage with $236 premium
- $50,000 / $20,000 coverage with $308 premium
- $75,000 / $30,000 coverage with $360 premium
- $100,000 / $40,000 coverage with $399 premium
- $125,000/ $50,000 coverage with $419 premium
- $150,000 / $60,000 coverage with $446 premium
- $200,000/ $80,000 coverage with $487 premium
- $250,000/ $100,000 coverage with $516 premium
* Homes in high risk flood zones are priced individually