Don’t Skip These Spring Maintenance Tasks
Your home is an investment — and protecting that investment is probably one of your top priorities.
So as the seasons change and you start to spruce up and refresh your space, be sure to make time for maintenance as well as spring cleaning.
As you already know, keeping up with essential tasks will help you stay safe and avoid having to make expensive repairs in the future.
Here are the top spring maintenance tasks to add to your to-do list today.
Structure and Foundation
- Check the foundation and exterior walls for cracks.
- Clean gutters and downspouts and repair any leaks or holes.
- Inspect the roof, looking for loose or missing shingles, damage to any pipes, or unusual wear and tear.
- Check for gaps around doors and windows and reseal them.
Systems and Appliances
- Test smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Schedule an HVAC tuneup to ensure your system is ready when it’s needed.
- Clean the refrigerator coils to lengthen your fridge’s life span.
- Flush the water heater to remove all the sediment that has built up over the last year.
- Replace air filters if you haven’t done so lately.
- Clean your dryer vent duct to prevent fires and keep the dryer working more efficiently.
- Check for termites to stop a damaging infestation as soon as possible.
- Clean the siding, check for damage to exterior woodwork, and repair and reseal these areas as needed.
- Check the sprinkler system to make sure all the heads are facing the right direction and do a test run before setting up your watering schedule.
- Clean up the landscaping by trimming, mowing and clearing debris. You may also think about planting some seasonal flowers.
Do you have questions about your coverage or need to check in? Reach out anytime.